The following booking conditions, together with the information set out on the relevant Tour page of the Best Scottish Tours website will form the contract between you and us for your holiday with us.
In this contract a reference to "you" and "your" include the lead-named person on the confirmation invoice (who must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking) and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made.
We are Best Scottish Tours of 137 Ardenslate Road, Kirn, Dunoon, Argyll, PA23 8GZ, Scotland
In this agreement, the following definitions apply unless the context requires otherwise:
Means the hotel, airport, train station you have told us you will be on the morning of your tour start. Also covers departure point
Means the date on which we meet to start your holiday.
Means a holiday organised by Best Scottish Tours.
Means whatever documents we send to you via e-mail to provide information about your Tour.
- What is in the holiday
- The following items are included:
- travel from the agreed meeting point to your return departure point;
- accommodation and meals on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis unless otherwise stated (no beverages included)
- vehicle seating up to 8 passengers;
- services of a driver/guide;
- paid entry to all attractions set out a visit in agreed Itinerary unless stated otherwise.
- The following items are not included
- inbound and outbound flights to the Tour destination;
- lunch and beverages including teas and coffees unless otherwise stated
- all other costs incurred before you board transport at the Meeting Point and after you return to the departure point;
- travel insurance or any other insurance personal to you;
- passport and visa costs;
- vaccinations and medication, before, during and after the Tour;
- food and drink over and above what we include in the Tour;
- gratuities you choose to give, in addition to any we give on your behalf where we consider appropriate.
- Any costs faced due to unforeseen circumstances during your touring period.
- Booking your holiday
- You can book at any time. Your booking is secured with a £500 per person non-refundable deposit. We will hold a provisional booking for 48 hours to allow you time to send us your deposit. We follow this strictly as many of our accommodation partners will not allow the holding of rooms during peak summer months. After the 48 hours if deposit is not received held hotel rooms are cancelled. When we receive your deposit, we will send you a confirmation invoice which confirms your booking. The contract between us comes into existence at that time. You undertake to pay for the holiday you have booked and we undertake to provide you with the holiday we describe in your booking e-mail and on the website. We highly recommend that you take out your travel insurance policy at time of booking.
- If you make a booking on behalf of others as well as yourself, we shall take it that you have the authority of each of those other people to enter into the contract on the basis of these booking conditions and that you and they have agreed to be jointly and severally liable to us.
- If we are unable to accept your booking, we will of course return your payment to you immediately. The balance payment for all tours is due at latest 6 weeks (45 days) before departure. We will send you a reminder 1 - 2 weeks before the balance due date. If you are making your booking within this period, full payment will be necessary immediately.
- We request your personal details, special requests, specific dietary requirements, medical conditions, and next-of-kin prior to booking. These details are held confidentially. If you are affected by a medical condition which may affect your or other guests enjoyment of the tour, you must advise this at the time of booking. You must also advise of us of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- If you book a tour less than six weeks prior to the departure date you must send us the full payment at the time of booking. Bookings are subject to accommodation availability.
- You can pay by card via our secure link that is sent to you with your booking information e-mail. (We accept VISA, MasterCard, Delta or Maestro and American Express). We do not keep your card details or handle card details directly.
- Alternatively, payment may be made by electronic transfer for which full information will be provided at the time of booking. You must ensure that the amount we receive from you is equal to the agreed tour cost any fees for making an electronic transfer will be liable to you.
- The last date for payment of the balance of the cost of your holiday will be due to us six weeks before the Tour Start Date. We will tell you that last date for payment after we have confirmed our acceptance of your booking.
- If you do not pay us before the last date for payment, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled. If we do that, you accept that a cancellation fee will be due to us.
- Surcharges and refunds
- The prices given on our web site are calculated at costs current at the time of booking. An administration charge of £25 is payable for any requested change after the booking date. Prices are based on 2 persons sharing - for single occupancy rooms there is a supplement of £55 per day.
- No changes to itinerary can be made after the final balance is made.
- If we increase the price of your Tour by more than 5%, you are free to cancel. In that circumstance we will return to you all money paid to us.
- We guarantee all Tours that we accept a deposit for will run regardless of occupancy. Best Scottish Tour do not cancel tours however in the unlikely event that a tour has to be cancelled by us due to events we could have reasonably foreseen we will refund all monies paid including non-refundable deposit.
- Changes and cancellations by you
- We will endeavour to accommodate any changes you are compelled to make, but we cannot guarantee this. If we are able to accommodate your changes, you agree to pay an administration fee of £25 and any additional cost of the different arrangement. Please note that some of our accommodation partners may regards any change as a cancellation resulting in cancellation fees which you would be liable for should this be at your request. We will advise you if this is the case.
- Only the person who made a booking may cancel. The cancellation takes effect from the date at which a written notification reaches our office stating your intention to cancel.
- If you cancel you tour, your deposit and the cost of any agreed extras ie: pre and post tour accommodation, transfers, additional attractions, specific activities which have been invoiced, will be forfeit.
- We shall charge an additional sum related to the time remaining before the date of departure, as follows:
Up to 60 days
will result in full refund less deposit.
59 to 46 days:
will result in 50% refund less deposit.
45 to 15 days :
will result in 25% refund less deposit.
14 days or less:
will result in no refund.
- If circumstances force you to leave the Tour early, you will have to bear any additional costs yourself.
- In any circumstances giving rise to cancellation, we will consider allowing you to transfer the money you have paid, to some other Best Scottish Tours
- Changes and cancellations by us
- We reserve the right to change travel and tour arrangements at any time. This may be necessary as many of our tours involve variables which are outside our control. These include but not limited to: health and government warnings, weather, political issues, currency problems, accommodation issues.
- We reserve the right to change any of the facilities and services. It is unlikely we will have to make any changes to your tour and any changes are usually very minor.
- Where a major change or cancellation arises, we will inform you immediately of the options available. These will include accepting our change of arrangements, purchasing another tour from us (if available), or cancelling your tour (see cancellation policy).
- We are not liable to you in any circumstances for loss or damage or or total or partial loss of your tour when::
- unusual and unforeseeable circumstances arise which are beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care. These include; war, threat of war riot or civil strife, terrorism, industrial disputes, natural disaster, fires, sickness, weather conditions, airport regulations, temporary technical, mechanical or electrical breakdown of transport or any facilities contained within advertised accommodation, disruption caused by pandemics both national or localised, explosion of any nuclear plant or part thereof or radioactivity/contamination arising from such a plant or events beyond or reasonable control.
- the change is not significant. We are not liable to pay you any additional travel or any other costs, expenses or losses which you incur as a result of any change or cancellation by us, such as changes to times of connecting flights or other travel arrangements.
- You agree that all these provisions are reasonable.
- Payment Protection
In order to comply with the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992, all payments received by us will be held in a trust account until the completion of the Tour.
- Travel Insurance
- It is a condition of booking a Best Scottish Tours Tour that you take out appropriate travel insurance. We cannot approve the cover you have bought and are not responsible if it is inadequate.
- Cover should be obtained not only against normal travel risks, but against additional risks appropriate to the destination country. In particular, local road transport insurance may be inadequate, so you should check that your cover includes accidents happening whilst you are a passenger in a vehicle.
- All personal equipment and luggage are at your own risk. We will not be responsible whatsoever for any loss, damage to your personal equipment and / or luggage and we advise that you should also ensure that any valuable personal equipment and luggage is covered in your insurance policy.
- Passport, Visa and Health Requirements
Please note carefully:
- to be absolutely safe, it is a good idea to make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after the date of return of your Tour;
- remember to apply for any necessary visa in good time;
- check with your GP what vaccinations and medication you may require and allow time to obtain them. Details are also available from the National Travel Health Network and Centre nathnac.org.
- If you are a national of an EC country and are taking a European tour, you should take your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) available from main Post Offices or online. It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain all necessary inoculations, take all necessary medication and follow all medical advice in relation to your holiday. Remember to bring certificates and confirmations with you in your hand luggage.
- If you need professional medical care whilst on a tour, we will endeavour to get you to the correct clinic. Please ensure that you provide us with your next of kin details so that we can make arrangements for them to be contacted in an emergency.
- You agree to repay to us all costs we incur in providing this assistance, including payment for any transport and telephone calls must be reimbursed to the company. We will give you a receipt on your return, for you to pass to your travel insurers.
- Tour Information
Approximately 6 weeks before the Start Date, we shall send you an e-mail pack of information relating to your Tour. This information will include:
- A welcome letter from Best Scottish Tours.
- Full itinerary with location of Meeting Point and time of meeting.
- Climate and clothing recommendations.
- Any important details relevant to sites that we may visit.
We pride ourselves in selecting quality, handpicked accommodations for all our tours. In unusual circumstances and busy periods we may have to utilise alternative accommodation as close as reasonably possible to those of our chosen accommodations providers. Accommodation will be in good quality hotels or lodges. Very occasionally and in remote areas it may be necessary to use bed and breakfast accommodation. En-suite facilities will be provided for all guests. We will discuss your exact accommodation requirements during the booking process. Please note:
- we reserve the right to change accommodation to that stated on our website itineraries - (see below "changes of itinerary").
- single rooms are normally available at an extra cost. King rooms are limited to availability and we will endeavour to get these where possible
- For the most part we utilise smaller, family run hotels in historic or period properties - this will mean that rooms sizes, configurations and outlooks can vary within one accommodation.
- If you require a specific style of accommodation ie; first floor room, walk in shower, twin beds, you must notify us prior to making a deposit.
- Many accommodations in rural Scotland will not have elevators, concierge or rooms service. A degree of fitness is required in some circumstances when moving your own luggage.
- Despite careful planning, it is possible that an area, region, site or accommodation may become inaccessible due to matters outside our control, for example through natural disaster, political turmoil, government enforcement. In these circumstances any changes necessary to the tour would be communicated immediately to you. If required, we will endeavour to make changes where necessary and attempt to recover associated monies. If alternative accommodation is required you may be liable for additional costs.
- Baggage restrictions
Our vehicles are equipped to carry baggage that you are able to carry on to any flight this includes international sized luggage. If you require us to transport medical equipment of any description we recommend you contact us as soon as possible.
We require you to inform us prior to arrival of any intention to bring additional luggage, excess baggage or sporting equipment such as golf bags. Failure to notify us may result in us not being able to transport these items and additional charges may occur for you to organise storage.
- Limitations on our liability
We want you to enjoy a perfect tour with Best Scottish Tours. We shall do our best to make your tour special for you. Nonetheless, we must make clear the limitations in law. We are not liable to you for:
- any event which happens before you board our transport at the Meeting Point or after you leave our transport at departure;
- any problem arising from your failure to reach the Meeting Point on time, for whatever reason; (though we would do our best to help you in any way we reasonably could)
- any aspect of goods or services you buy or accept other than those arranged by us;
- medical problems or physical difficulties, even if you have told us about them in advance;
- medical emergencies;
- your own carelessness or negligence in any aspect of your behaviour whilst with us;
- reasonable changes we make to an itinerary, accommodation or any other aspect of the management of a Tour;
- problems or issues which we could have resolved whilst on a Tour but which you raise only after your return.
- injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment or possessions), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from either:
- the act or omission of you or anyone in your party;
- the act or omission of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday.
- services we have not provided. The services and features included in your Tour are those specified in our web site. If you choose to buy other goods or services during your holiday, those are not part of the package we provide, even if arranged at your request through our Tour leader. Accordingly, we are not liable to you for any happening in connection with that service or those goods.
- any changes prior to, or during a tour through a pandemic and or government lock down guidance. This includes the provision of protective/health related items.
- our Service providers including accommodation providers and attractions as all have their own responsibility in liability in accordance with the applicable law for its services.
- Local standards
- Laws, standards, culture and attitudes are different in many countries from what you reasonable expect at home. We are not responsible for standards of service, safety, hygiene and behaviour which may be lower than you are used to or which you expected.
- We do not make any representation or commitment that all services will comply with applicable local laws and regulations and failure to comply does not automatically mean we or the service supplier has not exercised reasonable skill and care.
- Please also note that we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
- Limitation of compensation by international conventions
- We and you are subject to international conventions, when they apply. This may limit the amount of a claim you may be make, against us or anyone else. The most we will have to pay you for many claims for personal injury will not exceed what a carrier would pay.
- Other than as set out above, and as is detailed elsewhere in these booking conditions, we shall have no legal liability whatsoever to you for any loss, damage, personal injury or death which you suffer arising directly or indirectly from any aspect of your holiday.
- Flight and other transport delays: limit of our liability
- There is no guarantee that flights, trains or ferries will depart at the time specified. If they do not, we are not liable to you for any delay or cancellation or for any failure to take what you think are the best actions to have taken in particular circumstances.
- Our policy if a delay occurs, is to continue with our plans until the flight (or other form of transport, if relevant) arrives at which point we will work with you to meet up with the tour at your expense.
- If you wish to return home early, we will provide whatever assistance we can. All expenses involved in doing so will be your responsibility. We will not be held responsible or liable for your actions or your safety for any independent travel you undertake before, during or after the tour.
- Remember that transport and other service providers have their own booking conditions or conditions of carriage or service. You will be bound by these as far as that service is concerned. Such conditions may limit or exclude liability on the part of the relevant provider and they are often also subject to international conventions.
- Help we need from you
- Best Scottish Tours require all guests to adhere to all guidance and signage set out at each location and within our vehicles.
- Best Scottish Tours require all guests to adhere to any social distancing guidance set out in all areas during your tour.
- Best Scottish Tours require reasonable physical fitness and appropriate footwear at all times. You should be prepared to walk a few miles each day, sometimes on uneven or slippery surfaces.
- To satisfy the majority of our clients, we apply “no smoking” and no vaping rules in the same way that they are applied by law in the UK. This means it is illegal to smoke in our vehicles, in hotel rooms and in enclosed spaces such as restaurants.
- If we endeavour to source medical assistance when necessary, this is entirely at your own cost.
- If at any time, it is our opinion (given by any of our staff or driver/guide) that you are acting in a way which may cause accident, injury, discomfort or extreme displeasure to any other Tour member, we may exclude you from the programme for the remainder of the Tour. You will understand that this extreme action will not be taken lightly but may be necessary to protect the health, safety or enjoyment of other clients. Should this be the case no refund of any kind will be given.
We shall try our utmost to provide a happy and fulfilling holiday, but if we fail in any way, do please raise any issue with your Tour driver/guide immediately. You have the option to complete our complaints form at any time which will log your complaint and resolution. If your complaint cannot be satisfied or if it is not dealt with to your satisfaction at the time of reporting it to the driver/guide, then you should give us full details in writing, immediately at your earliest or upon your return. We do also provide numbers to call in the event of a complaint in your welcome information.
- In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
- a reference to a person includes a human individual, a corporate entity and any organisation which is managed or controlled as a unit;
- any agreement by any party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing;
- except where stated otherwise, any obligation of any person arising from this agreement may be performed by any other person.
- If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- The parties agree that electronic communications satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- In the event of a dispute between us, you undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- Any reviews, photographs or content (which you upload to our websites or otherwise) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary (unless otherwise requested by you in writing to email@example.com). You will retain all of your ownership rights of your content, but you are required to grant Best Scottish Tours a licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. Uploading your content shall automatically grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, distribute and display such content for such purposes as we may reasonably require including, without limitation, for use in our marketing materials and publicity.
- We reserve the right to remove any posting you make or content you upload on our websites and/or social media platforms if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out above. We may also impose restrictions on the amount of content which can be uploaded at any time.
- You agree that Best Scottish Tours may take photographs and videos of guests whilst on tour and that these may be used in Best Scottish Tours brochures, marketing, advertising without obtaining further consent or payment in respect of such photographs or videos.
- This agreement does not give any right to any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) (Scotland) Act 2017 or otherwise, except that any provision in this agreement which excludes or restricts the liability of our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies, may be enforced under that act.
- We are not liable for any failure or delay in performance of this agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and you agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in that country.