The following booking conditions, together with the information set out on the relevant Tour page of the Best Scottish Tours website will form the contract between you and us for your holiday with us.
In this contract a reference to "you" and "your" include the lead-named person on the confirmation invoice (who must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking) and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made.
We are Best Scottish Tours of 137 Ardenslate Road, Kirn, Dunoon, Argyll, PA23 8GZ, Scotland
In this agreement, the following definitions apply unless the context requires otherwise:
Means the hotel, airport, train station you have told us you will be on the morning of your tour start. Also covers departure point
Means the date on which we meet to start your holiday.
Means a holiday organised by Best Scottish Tours.
Means whatever documents we send to you via e-mail to provide information about your Tour.
- What is in the holiday
- The following items are included:
- travel from the agreed meeting point to your return departure point;
- accommodation and meals on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis (no beverages included)
- Vehicle seating up to 8 passengers;
- services of a driver/guide;
- All named attractions as laid out in agreed Itinerary
- The following items are not included
- return flights to the Tour destination;
- all other costs incurred before you board transport at the Meeting Point and after you return to the departure point;
- travel insurance or any other insurance personal to you;
- passport and visa costs;
- vaccinations and medication, before, during and after the Tour;
- food and drink over and above what we include in the Tour;
- gratuities you choose to give, in addition to any we give on your behalf where we consider appropriate.
- Booking your holiday
- You can book at any time. Your booking is secured with a £500 per person non-refundable deposit. We will hold a provisional booking for 48 hours to allow you time to send us your deposit. We follow this strictly because many holidays are booked up fast. After the 48 hours if deposit is not received held hotel rooms are cancelled. When we receive your deposit, we will send you a confirmation invoice which confirms your booking. The contract between us comes into existence at that time. You undertake to pay for the holiday you have booked and we undertake to provide you with the holiday we describe in your booking e-mail and on the website.
- If you make a booking on behalf of others as well as yourself, we shall take it that you have the authority of each of those other people to enter into the contract on the basis of these booking conditions and that you and they have agreed to be jointly and severally liable to us.
- If we are unable to accept your booking, we will of course return your payment to you immediately. The balance payment for all tours is due at latest 6 weeks (45 days) before departure. We will send you a reminder 1 - 2 weeks before the balance due date. If you are making your booking within this period, full payment will be necessary immediately.
- You can give us your personal details, special requests, medical conditions and next-of-kin by completing a form we shall send to you.
- For bookings made within 6 weeks of departure, we require full payment within 24 hours of a verbal booking.
- If you book a holiday less than six weeks prior to the departure date you must send us the full payment at the time of booking. Bookings are subject to accommodation availability.
- You can pay by card via our secure link that is sent to you with your booking information e-mail. (We accept VISA, MasterCard, Delta or Maestro and American Express). We do not keep your card details or handle card details directly.
- Alternatively, payment may be made by electronic transfer for which full information will be provided at the time of booking.
- The last date for payment of the balance of the cost of your holiday will be due to us six weeks before the Tour Start Date. We will tell you that last date for payment after we have confirmed our acceptance of your booking.
- If you do not pay us before the last date for payment, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled. If we do that, you accept that a cancellation fee will be due to us.
- Surcharges and refunds
- The prices given on our web site are calculated at costs current at the time of booking. An administration charge of £25 is payable for any requested change after the booking date. Prices are based on 2 persons sharing - for single occupancy rooms there is a supplement of £55 per day.
- No changes to itinerary can be made after the final balance is made.
- If we increase the price of your Tour by more than 5%, you are free to cancel. In that circumstance we will return to you all money paid to us.
- We guarantee all Tours that we accept a deposit for will run regardless of occupancy. In the unusual event that we cancel a Tour, we shall return the full amount of your deposit or other payment.
- Changes and cancellations by you
- We will try to accommodate any change you are compelled to make, but we cannot promise to do so. If we do, you agree to pay an administration fee of £25 and any additional cost of a different arrangement. Please note that any accommodations confirmed may treat a change as a cancellation and create a new booking, charging a 100% cancellation fee.
- Only the person who made a booking may cancel. The cancellation takes effect from the date at which a written notification reaches our office stating your intention to cancel.
- If you cancel, your deposit and any extras agreed which have been invoiced, will be forfeited.
- We shall charge an additional sum related to the time remaining before the date of departure, as follows:
Up to 60 days:
will result in full refund less deposit.
59 to 30 days:
will result in 50% refund less deposit.
29 to 15 days :
will result in 25% refund less deposit.
14 days or less:
will result in no refund.
- If circumstances force you to leave the Tour early, you will have to bear any additional costs yourself.
- In any circumstances giving rise to cancellation, we will consider allowing you to transfer the money you have paid, to some other Best Scottish Tours
- Changes and cancellations by us
- We reserve the right to change travel and tour arrangements. This is necessary because many of our tours involve variables which are outside our control. These include, weather, political issues, currency problems, flights and accommodation issues.
- We shall tell you about small changes before departure. If we think a necessary change is important, we will tell you about it as soon as we can and give you the opportunity to either accept the change or take an alternative holiday (paying or receiving a refund / credit in respect of any price difference), or cancel and accept a full refund.
- If such problems occur during a tour, we will make alternative arrangements so as to comply as closely as possible to the description of the tour in our booking confirmation.
- If a problem occurs which is so serious that we have to cancel a tour before the date of departure, you may choose to accept either an alternative holiday (paying or receiving a refund/credit in respect of any price difference) or a full refund of all money paid.
- In certain cases, we may pay compensation too, at our discretion.
- We are not liable to you in any circumstances for loss or damage or loss of your holiday when:
- unusual and unforeseeable circumstances arise which are beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care; or
- the change is not significant. We are not liable to pay you any additional travel or any other costs, expenses or losses which you incur as a result of any change or cancellation by us, such as changes to times of connecting flights or other travel arrangements.
- You agree that all these provisions are reasonable.
- Payment Protection
In order to comply with the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992, all payments received by us will be held in a trust account until the completion of the Tour.
- Travel Insurance
- It is a condition of booking a Best Scottish Tours Tour that you take out appropriate travel insurance. We cannot approve the cover you have bought and are not responsible if it is inadequate.
- Cover should be obtained not only against normal travel risks, but against additional risks appropriate to the destination country. In particular, local road transport insurance may be inadequate, so you should check that your cover includes accidents happening whilst you are a passenger in a vehicle.
- We advise that you should also check that any valuable optical equipment is covered either in your travel policy or your home contents policy.
- Passport, Visa and Health Requirements
Please note carefully:
- to be absolutely safe, it is a good idea to make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after the date of return of your Tour;
- remember to apply for any necessary visa in good time;
- check with your GP what vaccinations and medication you may require and allow time to obtain them. Details are also available from the National Travel Health Network and Centre nathnac.org.
- If you are a national of an EC country and are taking a European tour, you should take your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) available from main Post Offices or online. It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain all necessary inoculations, take all necessary medication and follow all medical advice in relation to your holiday. Remember to bring certificates and confirmations with you in your hand luggage.
- If you need professional medical care whilst on a tour, we will endeavour to get you to the correct clinic. Please ensure that you provide us with your next of kin details so that we can make arrangements for them to be contacted in an emergency.
- You agree to repay to us all costs we incur in providing this assistance, including payment for any transport and telephone calls must be reimbursed to the company. We will give you a receipt on your return, for you to pass to your travel insurers.
- Tour Information
Approximately 6 weeks before the Start Date, we shall send you an e-mail pack of information relating to your Tour. This information will include:
- Full itinerary with location of Meeting Point and time of meeting;
- any important details relevant to a particular site that we may visit;
- a Welcome letter from Best Scottish Tours.
We will arrange accommodation as close as reasonably possible to the Best Scottish Tours sites we visit. Accommodation will be in good quality hotels or lodges. Occasionally it may be necessary to use bed and breakfast accommodation. En-suite facilities will be provided for all guests. We will discuss your exact accommodation requirements when you have made a booking, but please note:
- we reserve the right to change accommodation to that stated on our website itineraries - (see below "changes of itinerary").
- single rooms are normally available at an extra cost. King rooms are limited to availability and we will endeavour to get these where possible
- For the most part we utilise smaller, family run hotels in older buildings - this will mean that rooms sizes and configurations can vary within one accommodation, if booking as a group your room size and outlook can vary. Accommodations in rural Scotland do not have elevators as standard and few have concierge and room service. If you require a different style of accommodation you must notify us prior to making a deposit.
- Despite careful planning, it is possible that a site may become inaccessible due to matters outside our control, for example through natural disaster or political turmoil.
- We may therefore decide to make changes to the itinerary to accommodate either of the above possibilities. We will tell you of any such change as soon as we decide to make it. If that happens, you may transfer to an alternative holiday. If your chosen alternative is of a lower price we will refund the difference. If it is of a higher price, you must pay the difference
- Baggage restrictions
We can generally carry baggage that you are able to get on to any flight.
If you have an unusual requirement, perhaps for medical reasons, do contact us and we will try to help you immediately.
- Limitations on our liability
We want you to enjoy a perfect holiday with Best Scottish Tours. We shall do our best to make your holiday special for you. Nonetheless, we must make clear the limitations in law. We are not liable to you for:
- any event which happens before you board our transport at the Meeting Point or after you leave our transport at departure;
- any problem arising from your failure to reach the Meeting Point on time, for whatever reason; (though we would do our best to help you in any way we reasonably could)
- any aspect of goods or services you buy or accept other than those arranged by us;
- medical problems or physical difficulties, even if you have told us about them in advance;
- medical emergencies;
- your own carelessness or negligence in any aspect of your behaviour whilst with us;
- changes we reasonably make to an itinerary or to accommodation or any other aspect of the management of a Tour;
- problems or issues which we could have resolved whilst on a Tour but which you raise only after your return.
- injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment or possessions), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from either:
- the act or omission of you or anyone in your party;
- the act or omission of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday.
- services we have not provided. The services and features included in your Tour are those specified in our web site. If you choose to buy other goods or services during your holiday, those are not part of the package we provide, even if arranged at your request through our Tour leader. Accordingly, we are not liable to you for any happening in connection with that service or those goods.
- Local standards
- Laws, standards, culture and attitudes are different in many countries from what you reasonable expect at home. We are not responsible for standards of service, safety, hygiene and behaviour which may be lower than you are used to or which you expected.
- We do not make any representation or commitment that all services will comply with applicable local laws and regulations and failure to comply does not automatically mean we or the service supplier has not exercised reasonable skill and care.
- Please also note that we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
- Limitation of compensation by international conventions
- We and you are subject to international conventions, when they apply. This may limit the amount of a claim you may be make, against us or anyone else. The most we will have to pay you for many claims for personal injury will not exceed what a carrier would pay.
- Other than as set out above, and as is detailed elsewhere in these booking conditions, we shall have no legal liability whatsoever to you for any loss, damage, personal injury or death which you suffer arising directly or indirectly from any aspect of your holiday.
- Flight and other transport delays: limit of our liability
- There is no guarantee that flights, trains or ferries will depart at the time specified. If they do not, we are not liable to you for any delay or cancellation or for any failure to take what you think are the best actions to have taken in particular circumstances.
- Our policy if a delay occurs, is to continue with our plans until the flight (or other form of transport, if relevant) arrives at which point we will work with you to meet up with the tour at your expense.
- If you wish to find at any time to return home early, we will provide whatever assistance we can. All expenses involved in doing so will be your responsibility.
- Remember that transport and other service providers have their own booking conditions or conditions of carriage or service. You will be bound by these as far as that service is concerned. Such conditions may limit or exclude liability on the part of the relevant provider and they are often also subject to international conventions.
- Help we need from you
- Best Scottish Tours holidays require reasonable physical fitness and appropriate footwear. You should be prepared to walk up to a couple of miles a day, sometimes on uneven or slippery surfaces.
- To satisfy the majority of our clients, we apply “no smoking” and no vaping rules in the same way that they are applied by law in the UK.
- If we will endeavour to source medical assistance when necessary however this is entirely at your own cost.
- If at any time, it is our opinion (given by any of our staff or Tour leaders) that you are acting in a way which may cause accident, injury, discomfort or extreme displeasure to any other Tour member, we may exclude you from the programme for the remainder of the Tour. You will understand that this extreme action will not be taken lightly but may be necessary to protect the health, safety or enjoyment of other clients. Should this be the case no refund of any kind will be given.
We shall try our utmost to provide a happy and fulfilling holiday, but if we fail in any way, do please raise any issue with your Tour driver/guide immediately. You have the option to complete our complaints form at any time which will log your complaint and resolution. If your complaint cannot be satisfied or if it is not dealt with to your satisfaction at the time of reporting it to the driver/guide, then you should give us full details in writing, immediately at your earliest or upon your return. We do also provide numbers to call in the event of a complaint in your welcome information.
- In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
- a reference to a person includes a human individual, a corporate entity and any organisation which is managed or controlled as a unit;
- any agreement by any party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing;
- except where stated otherwise, any obligation of any person arising from this agreement may be performed by any other person.
- If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- The parties agree that electronic communications satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- In the event of a dispute between us, you undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- This agreement does not give any right to any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) (Scotland) Act 2017 or otherwise, except that any provision in this agreement which excludes or restricts the liability of our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies, may be enforced under that act.
- We are not liable for any failure or delay in performance of this agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and you agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in that country.